[horde] How to move a pre-4.0 database to a new server

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Mon Aug 4 12:30:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, 4 Aug 2014, Steve Campbell wrote:

> Just wondering what needs to be considered to move a pre-4.0 MySQL database
> to a new server for IMP users. We only used IMP from the old framework.

> Should I be able to export the old data and import it into the new database
> or has the database changed significantly?

See http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/UPGRADING

I've exported the old database to a test system equally configured to the
current system, upgraded there to 3.3.5. On a 2nd test machine I setup H5
with a config the final server is to run with. On the H5 test machine I
dropped the database, imported the one from v3.3.5, then I ran
webmail-install again, which upgrades the old database, but also kills the
config. That database I imported to the production server.

Maybe, you should run "horde-db-migrate" instead of webmail-install, but
the time I migrated my servers I wasn't aware of that command.

Note: I imported always the whole database by deleting the existing one
and re-creating the DB from scratch. I also used the SQL export file to
patch some stuff, e.g. migrated to UTF8 and changed the OWNER of the
database.

--
Steffen