[horde] How to move a pre-4.0 database to a new server

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Mon Aug 4 13:27:26 UTC 2014

On 8/4/2014 8:30 AM, Steffen wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Aug 2014, Steve Campbell wrote:
>
>> Just wondering what needs to be considered to move a pre-4.0 MySQL
>> database to a new server for IMP users. We only used IMP from the old
>> framework.
>
>> Should I be able to export the old data and import it into the new
>> database or has the database changed significantly?
>
> See http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/UPGRADING
>
> I've exported the old database to a test system equally configured to
> the current system, upgraded there to 3.3.5. On a 2nd test machine I
> setup H5 with a config the final server is to run with. On the H5 test
> machine I dropped the database, imported the one from v3.3.5, then I
> ran webmail-install again, which upgrades the old database, but also
> kills the config. That database I imported to the production server.
>
> Maybe, you should run "horde-db-migrate" instead of webmail-install,
> but the time I migrated my servers I wasn't aware of that command.
>
> Note: I imported always the whole database by deleting the existing
> one and re-creating the DB from scratch. I also used the SQL export
> file to patch some stuff, e.g. migrated to UTF8 and changed the OWNER
> of the database.

Thanks,

I'm still not sure where to start. I've got 2 tables that have real data
in them on the old system, horde_prefs and turba_objects. I suppose I
should dump those two tables on the new server and create them with
dumps from the old server using mysqldump. Maybe drop the entire
database(?) but that seems real risky.

After that, I'm lost. The link doesn't describe how to upgrade other
than incrementally upgrading from one version to another to the next,
and so on. I hope that doesn't mean I need to install old versions to
get the upgrade scripts.

steve