[horde] Problem Creating MySQL Database and Tables

Johannes Mock mockjs at idmt.fraunhofer.de
Mon Aug 4 15:35:17 UTC 2014

Hi

I have installed Horde on a centos6 with MySQL and Apache2 and now I
want to create the MySQL database like subscribed:

    MySQL

    Before you can use the MySQL server with Horde, you must setup the
SQL server and create the needed database tables.

    Create a MySQL account

    First, you need to create a SQL user. In the instructions below,
replace 'password' with the actual password you want to
    set for this account.
    1
    2

|mysqladmin -u root password 'password'|
|mysqladmin -u root -h your.host.name password 'password'|

    Creating the MySQL Database and Tables

    Next, you need to create the database and its tables. First, you
must edit the database scripts Horde provides to set the
    database password to the password you set in the previous step.
    1
    2

|cd /var/www/html/horde/scripts/sql|
|vi create.mysql.sql|

    Then change the database password in the file, and save it. Once you
have set the password correctly in the script,
    you should run the script in order to create the database:

But there is no file directory named: scripts/sql and nowhere I can find
a file called create.mysql.sql.

In another manuel I found the following commands to create the database:
     CREATE DATABASE horde;
        GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON horde.* TO 'horde'@'localhost'
IDENTIFIED BY 'horde';
        FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
At this way I can create a totally empty database, and if I enter the
configuration in the web browser I am told "DB access is not configured".

Can anyone tell me, where I make faults?!

Greetings
Johannes