[horde] Problem Creating MySQL Database and Tables

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Mon Aug 4 18:34:34 UTC 2014

----- Mensagem de Johannes Mock <mockjs at idmt.fraunhofer.de> ---------
    Data: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 17:35:17 +0200
      De: Johannes Mock <mockjs at idmt.fraunhofer.de>
Assunto: [horde] Problem Creating MySQL Database and Tables
    Para: horde at lists.horde.org

> Hi
>
> I have installed Horde on a centos6 with MySQL and Apache2 and now I
> want to create the MySQL database like subscribed:
>
>     MySQL
>
>     Before you can use the MySQL server with Horde, you must setup the
> SQL server and create the needed database tables.
>
>     Create a MySQL account
>
>     First, you need to create a SQL user. In the instructions below,
> replace 'password' with the actual password you want to
>     set for this account.
>     1
>     2
>
> |mysqladmin -u root password 'password'|
> |mysqladmin -u root -h your.host.name password 'password'|
>

>     Creating the MySQL Database and Tables
>
>     Next, you need to create the database and its tables. First, you
> must edit the database scripts Horde provides to set the
>     database password to the password you set in the previous step.
>     1
>     2
>
> |cd /var/www/html/horde/scripts/sql|
> |vi create.mysql.sql|
>

>     Then change the database password in the file, and save it. Once you
> have set the password correctly in the script,
>     you should run the script in order to create the database:
>
> But there is no file directory named: scripts/sql and nowhere I can find
> a file called create.mysql.sql.

Theese seems to be old instructions. See
http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL

> In another manuel I found the following commands to create the database:
>      CREATE DATABASE horde;
>         GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON horde.* TO 'horde'@'localhost'
> IDENTIFIED BY 'horde';
>         FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
> At this way I can create a totally empty database, and if I enter the
> configuration in the web browser I am told "DB access is not configured".
>
> Can anyone tell me, where I make faults?!
>
> Greetings
> Johannes

Check horde user privileges:
mysql --user=root -p
mysql> use mysql;
mysql> select * from db;
mysql> quit

You must see Y form every column but Grant_priv.

Check that your horde user can use horde database:

mysql --user=horde -p horde
mysql> quit

Copy Horde configuration from distribution file: cp  conf.php.dist
conf.php (on horde/config).

Use a browser to configure Horde: you must configure Database.

Mauricio

----- Final da mensagem de Johannes Mock <mockjs at idmt.fraunhofer.de> -----

Maurício José T. Tecles
Núcleo de Informática
Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho - UFRJ
mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Tel.: (21) 3938-6526 ou 3938-6544