[horde] How to move a pre-4.0 database to a new server

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Tue Aug 5 13:14:42 UTC 2014

On 8/5/2014 7:58 AM, Steve Campbell wrote:
> OK, I found the scripts in the old versions. So I'll start working my
> way through them.
>
> steve
> On 8/5/2014 7:45 AM, Steve Campbell wrote:

>>> As Mauricio writes, since PEAR all is automatic. That is you can
>>> upgrade from H3.3.5 to any later version.
>>>
>>> pre3.3.5 you should upgrade step by step. I could not jump from
>>> webmail-1.0 to Horde 3.3.5. The upgrade broke the database.
>>>
>>> And yes, Mauricio and I do recommend to replace the existing H5
>>> database with the _complete_ old one and then run horde-db-migrate.
>>> Do both, the upgrades of the old system and the horde-db-migrate, on
>>> separate test servers, never on the production servers.
>>>
>>> If you do not want to drop the original H5 table, just rename it.
>>> _Never_ try to fiddle an old table into a current database, that
>>> won't work.
>>>
>> Thanks all,
>>
>> Current version of Horde = 2.2.3-1, Imp = 3.3.1-1, turba = 1.2-1. I
>> believe that is all that is running on the old server.
>>
>> Since the link points to upgrading Horde starting with 3.0 -> 3.1,
>> how should I start to get myself to 3.5?
>>
>> I can't find the "scripts/upgrades" directory or files that the
>> linked page references on my new server.
>>
>> steve

I ran through the updates on all the upgrades. When I attempt to "Update
all DB schemas" from the adminstration/configuration screen, I get one
error.

The error indicates that object_photo does not exist in turba_objects.

Does this sound familiar to anyone and is there an easy fix for this?
Did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks

steve campbell