[horde] Problem Creating MySQL Database and Tables

Johannes Mock mockjs at idmt.fraunhofer.de
Wed Aug 6 13:25:48 UTC 2014

On 08/04/2014 08:34 PM, Mauricio Jose T. Tecles wrote:

> ----- Mensagem de Johannes Mock <mockjs at idmt.fraunhofer.de> ---------
>    Data: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 17:35:17 +0200
>      De: Johannes Mock <mockjs at idmt.fraunhofer.de>
> Assunto: [horde] Problem Creating MySQL Database and Tables
>    Para: horde at lists.horde.org
>

>> Hi
>>
>> I have installed Horde on a centos6 with MySQL and Apache2 and now I
>> want to create the MySQL database like subscribed:
>>
>>     MySQL
>>
>>     Before you can use the MySQL server with Horde, you must setup the
>> SQL server and create the needed database tables.
>>
>>     Create a MySQL account
>>
>>     First, you need to create a SQL user. In the instructions below,
>> replace 'password' with the actual password you want to
>>     set for this account.
>>     1
>>     2
>>
>> |mysqladmin -u root password 'password'|
>> |mysqladmin -u root -h your.host.name password 'password'|
>>

>>     Creating the MySQL Database and Tables
>>
>>     Next, you need to create the database and its tables. First, you
>> must edit the database scripts Horde provides to set the
>>     database password to the password you set in the previous step.
>>     1
>>     2
>>
>> |cd /var/www/html/horde/scripts/sql|
>> |vi create.mysql.sql|
>>

>>     Then change the database password in the file, and save it. Once you
>> have set the password correctly in the script,
>>     you should run the script in order to create the database:
>>
>> But there is no file directory named: scripts/sql and nowhere I can find
>> a file called create.mysql.sql.
>>

> Theese seems to be old instructions. See
> http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL
>
>> In another manuel I found the following commands to create the database:
>>      CREATE DATABASE horde;
>>         GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON horde.* TO 'horde'@'localhost'
>> IDENTIFIED BY 'horde';
>>         FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
>> At this way I can create a totally empty database, and if I enter the
>> configuration in the web browser I am told "DB access is not
>> configured".
>>
>> Can anyone tell me, where I make faults?!
>>
>> Greetings
>> Johannes
>>
>> --
>
> Check horde user privileges:
> mysql --user=root -p
> mysql> use mysql;
> mysql> select * from db;
> mysql> quit
>
> You must see Y form every column but Grant_priv.
>

> Check that your horde user can use horde database:
>
> mysql --user=horde -p horde
> mysql> quit
>
> Copy Horde configuration from distribution file: cp  conf.php.dist
> conf.php (on horde/config).
>
> Use a browser to configure Horde: you must configure Database.
The horde user can use the horde database.
I have copied conf.php.dist to conf.php.
I can access the horde configuration page via browser, but only the
section "General" which url looks like:
https://horde.server.de/horde/admin/config/config.php?app=horde

If I want to change to "Database" or "LDAP" or anythin other the url
looks like:
https://horde.server.de/horde/admin/config/config.php?app=horde#
and nothing happened.

Furthermore I can't save any changes I made in the General Horde
Settings by using the "Generate Horde Configuration"-Button.

Greetings
Johannes