[horde] How to move a pre-4.0 database to a new server

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Wed Aug 6 18:42:23 UTC 2014

On 8/6/2014 1:04 PM, Mauricio Jose T. Tecles wrote:

> ----- Mensagem de Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com> ---------
>           Data: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 10:48:51 -0400
>             De: Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>
> Responder para: campbell at cnpapers.com
>        Assunto: Re: [horde] How to move a pre-4.0 database to a new
> server
>           Para: horde at lists.horde.org
>

>> On 8/6/2014 10:21 AM, Mauricio Jose T. Tecles wrote:
>>>
>>> ----- Mensagem de Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com> ---------
>>>          Data: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 07:37:39 -0400
>>>            De: Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>
>>> Responder para: campbell at cnpapers.com
>>>       Assunto: Re: [horde] How to move a pre-4.0 database to a new
>>> server
>>>          Para: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> I am confused. Are you trying to upgrade from Webmail-1.0 or
>>> Horde-3.x/IMP? They (old versions) are alike but maybe not the same
>>> and may have different scripts. So if you are using Webmail-1.0 take
>>> a carefull reading of:
>>>
>>> http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/UPGRADING
>>>
>>> There you have specific instructions. Applying upgrade scripts for
>>> Horde/IMP to Webmail doesn't seem to me a good idea. The
>>> instructions might have different interpretations, try one, if not
>>> try another one.
>>>
>>> If you are using old Horde/IMP/Ingo/Turba/... (not old webmail
>>> distribution), read each INSTALL and UPGRADING for each application
>>> (Horde, IMP, Ingo...).
>>>
>>> For sure, start over. Always on a test box first and take notes of
>>> each of your steps, so you can reproduce it once it works. But
>>> understand that in order to do the upgrades you must have an
>>> installation setup for each version you are going to upgrade, one at
>>> a time - that is my undestanding. That might be hard, running old
>>> PHP scripts might have differences.
>>> When running upgrade scripts your setup must be configured to use
>>> your database (horde/config/conf.php) and all installation files
>>> must have correct permission (www-data?).
>>>
>>> Mauricio

>>> ----- Final da mensagem de Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com> -----
>>>

>>> Maurício José T. Tecles
>>> Núcleo de Informática
>>> Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho - UFRJ
>>> mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
>>> Tel.: (21) 3938-6526 ou 3938-6544
>>>

>> The box I'm trying to move and upgrade was put together with horde
>> rpms and imp rpms, and turba rpms shortly thereafter. So the answer
>> is that  I am not attempting  to upgrade Webmail 1.0. I don't think
>> it existed back then.
>>
>> To be clear, I have the new WebMail Edition installed on a new
>> server. I'm basically trying to get the database moved.
>
> I still don't know what version your original database comes from and
> what version you are upgrading to.
>
> Mauricio

 From above:

Current version of Horde = 2.2.3-1, Imp = 3.3.1-1, turba = 1.2-1. I
believe that is all that is running on the old server.

Back then, horde was the basis for all of the other parts, so I
installed horde, then added IMP and turba. The database back then for
these 3 components only had 4 tables in the database.

Now, you can still install Horde alone, although that won't do much, and
you can install the individual components like Imp, Kronolith, etc. OR
you can install the "groupware" stuff that has certain popular
components all in one installation. I'm not sure there was "groupware"
back in version 2.2 of Horde.

So I'm trying to update the database from the old Horde to the new
Webmail Edition, which is a "groupware" of about 5 components.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above.

steve