[horde] How to move a pre-4.0 database to a new server

Vilius Sumskas/LNK vilius at lnk.lt
Wed Aug 6 21:36:49 UTC 2014

>The box I'm trying to move and upgrade was put together with horde
>rpms
>and imp rpms, and turba rpms shortly thereafter. So the answer is
>that
>I am not attempting  to upgrade Webmail 1.0. I don't think it existed
>
>back then.
>
>To be clear, I have the new WebMail Edition installed on a new
>server.
>I'm basically trying to get the database moved.

Versions you are running are more than 12 years old now. As mentioned earlier you can't move data to newest version without performing at least couple of upgrades in between. Database upgrade technology and most of the other parts of the Horde changes couple of generations now. Automatic migration scripts just won't work for you.

You MUST upgrade to H3 first. When you have it running with all needed data *only then* try all the UPGRADE steps for 3.0 -> H5 mentioned on the web.

BTW, Webmail and Groupware editions are just an amalgam of all software which comes in the package. If I were you I would try to install Horde, IMP and Turba separately. When you configure all of them, just add remaining applications from Webmail suite.

--
  Vilius