[horde] [imp] content of an email with many recipients is not shown

Pulz, Joerg Joerg.Pulz at frm2.tum.de
Fri Aug 8 13:14:32 UTC 2014

----- Message from "Pulz, Joerg" <Joerg.Pulz at frm2.tum.de> ---------
    Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 13:51:49 +0200
    From: "Pulz, Joerg" <Joerg.Pulz at frm2.tum.de>
Subject: [horde] [imp] content of an email with many recipients is not shown
      To: horde at lists.horde.org

> Hi list,
>
> i have a strange behavior with latest Horde pulled from github today
> (can't say if this problem existed before).
>
> I received an email yesterday that the composer has sent to 66
> addresses, 61 of them in the To: field and 5 addresses in the CC:
> field.
>
> I'm able to view this email with other clients (Thunderbird, alpine,
> Android) but not with IMP.
>
> If i click on this email in IMP, the message part of the window just
> stays empty.
> If i double clock this email, the newly opened window is just empty.
> If i click on another email first and then click on the problematic
> one, the text of the previously selected email is still displayed
> but if i then use "Other Options / View Source" the source of the
> problematic email is displayed.
>
> Other people told me, that this is not only related to this one
> email but to other emails with a large number of recipients too.
>
> Seems like there is a problem with IMP when displaying emails with a
> large number of recipients.
>
> Any hints or fixes to solve this are much appreciated.
>
> Kind regards
> Joerg

----- End message from "Pulz, Joerg" <Joerg.Pulz at frm2.tum.de> -----

Just a side note.

If another email is selected before and the email with a lot of
recipients afterwards, the Subject:, From: and Date: field are updated
in the message view, but the To: filed and the message data itself
remain from the previous message.

Kind regards
Joerg