[horde] Importing address books from very old turba to new.

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Tue Aug 12 12:59:59 UTC 2014

It's just not possible for me to update our version of horde/imp/turba
to the new versions of Webmail Edition. For whatever reason, I've just
not been able to make the upgrade progression work for me.

Instead I'd like to just move the address book entries from the old
turba_objects table to the new one. The old one has the following table

+--------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field              | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+--------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| object_id          | varchar(32)  |      | PRI |         |       |
| owner_id           | varchar(255) |      | MUL |         |       |
| object_name        | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| object_alias       | varchar(32)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| object_email       | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| object_homeaddress | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| object_workaddress | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| object_homephone   | varchar(25)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| object_workphone   | varchar(25)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| object_cellphone   | varchar(25)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| object_fax         | varchar(25)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| object_title       | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| object_company     | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| object_notes       | text         | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| object_type        | varchar(255) |      |     | Object  |       |
| object_members     | blob         | YES  |     | NULL    |       |

Is the possibly a way to dump this table and use some form of manual
import into the new turba_objects? Would any of the other tables need be
involved?

Thanks

steve campbell