[horde] Importing address books from very old turba to new.

Vilius Sumskas/LNK vilius at lnk.lt
Tue Aug 12 14:27:18 UTC 2014

Hi,

> It's just not possible for me to update our version of horde/imp/turba
> to the new versions of Webmail Edition. For whatever reason, I've just
> not been able to make the upgrade progression work for me.

Well, that's the price waiting 12 years to upgrade :)

> Instead I'd like to just move the address book entries from the old
> turba_objects table to the new one. The old one has the following table
>
> +--------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
> | Field              | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
> +--------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
> | object_id          | varchar(32)  |      | PRI |         |       |
> | owner_id           | varchar(255) |      | MUL |         |       |
> | object_name        | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | object_alias       | varchar(32)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | object_email       | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | object_homeaddress | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | object_workaddress | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | object_homephone   | varchar(25)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | object_workphone   | varchar(25)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | object_cellphone   | varchar(25)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | object_fax         | varchar(25)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | object_title       | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | object_company     | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | object_notes       | text         | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | object_type        | varchar(255) |      |     | Object  |       |
> | object_members     | blob         | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> +--------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
>
> Is the possibly a way to dump this table and use some form of manual
> import into the new turba_objects? Would any of the other tables need be

> involved?

It depends... If you were using Share system or not?

As SQL dump, probably not. But it should be possible to hack your way
through using CSV and old to new field mapping.

You will also need to investigate object_id/owner_id format and how/if it
changed during those years.

--
   Vilius