[horde] Importing address books from very old turba to new.

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Wed Aug 13 11:46:32 UTC 2014

On 8/13/2014 3:40 AM, Steffen wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2014, Vilius Sumskas/LNK wrote:
>
>>> Is the possibly a way to dump this table and use some form of manual
>>> import into the new turba_objects? Would any of the other tables
>>> need be
>>> involved?
>
> If you have user-specific address books, you will also need to have
> the information, which address book belongs to which user and which
> entry to which address book.
These are all user-specific.

>> It depends... If you were using Share system or not?
No share system.

> Next question: Are all these entries located in one address book or
> are there user address books as well?
>
>> As SQL dump, probably not. But it should be possible to hack your way
>> through using CSV and old to new field mapping.
My replacement (I'm retiring Friday) discovered and tested the
Import/Export functions in Turba. This seems to be working well.
Although we have to do each user individually, it at least gives us a
path to completion of this server.

> If there is just one address book (a central one), I would guess it
> will work via CSV export/import fairly well and quick.
>
>> You will also need to investigate object_id/owner_id format and
>> how/if it
>> changed during those years.
>
> I have the impression that this is not significat, but I just upgraded
> from H3.

Thanks for the kind reply. It seems we now have a means to retrieve the
address books without all of the upgrading required.

At a side note: Yes we have been running software that is 12 years old.
The luxury of test servers was not always something we have had, and
everyone knows upgrades do not always go smoothly.

Horde/Imp has always served us well here, a testament to it's well
behaved design. We actually have been using it for more that 12 years.

steve campbell