[horde] PostgerSQL database not being created...

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Fri Aug 15 07:29:08 UTC 2014

Zitat von Michael Robinson <plug_1 at robinson-west.com>:

>> That's beyond the scope of Horde support.  Check the postgresql
>> documentation.
>>
>> If this is beyond your comfort level, you should probably not be using
>> postgresql.  sqlite might be a more appropriate storage backend for
>> you instead.
>>
>> michael
>>
>> ___________________________________
>> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]
>
> Did I say something wrong?  Why is MySQL pretty well documented but
> PostgreSQL isn't?  I've created a horde user, I've set a password, I've
> been using PostgreSQL with Horde for over a decade.  Fix the
> documentation for Horde, there should at least be help for people who
> have to figure out what is causing the trouble in the form of
> suggestions about how to search in google or what to look for
> concerning PostgreSQL.  Saying this is too challenging for you, give up
> is hardly what I call support and it is very insulting.

The Horde documentation have to include the things necessary to get it
work eg. a database account with the needed permissions and how to
configure the Horde side of the connection. It doesn't have to include
a database manual for every supported database. If this is the case
for MySQL someone obviously had spare time to include it in the
documentation, but this doesn't mean it must be there.

And BTW: Demanding extended support for free is insulting

Regards

Andreas