[horde] PostgreSQL script missing...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Fri Aug 15 17:59:45 UTC 2014

> > That documentation might have worked ten years ago, but it doesn't
> > today.  Horde 5.2.1 as I understand it is supposed to create the
> > database automatically.  There was nothing advanced in the Horde 3
> > days about using PostgreSQL.  Something has obviously changed where
> > the documentation on the web hasn't.  The create the database step is
> > erroneous because the scripts directory is gone in Horde 5.2.  My
> > database of choice is supposed to be supported, better in fact than
> > MySQL because it is a better database.
>
> >From the install instructions...
>
> 4. Creating databases
>
>    Once you created the database configuration in the previous step, you
> can create all database tables by hitting the ``Update all DB schemas``
> button in the configuration screen.
>
>   * Please note that this requires the database that you entered in the
> database configuration to already exist, and the configured database user
> to have sufficient permissions to create new tables in this database.*
>
> Emphasis mine...
>
> https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/master/horde/docs/INSTALL
>
> You create the database.
> You make sure the user you configure horde to use has the right permissions.
> You press the button.
> Horde only creates the tables.
>
> > With all due respect, I am asking on the public mailing list how to set
> > up PostgreSQL and I never said I am not willing to pay a reasonable
> > amount to get the information if necessary.  Rudeness is uncalled for
> > and will only serve to drive people away from open source products.
>
> You're not asking, you're demanding.  You're clearly not doing anything to
> look for the answers either.  Entitlement only serves to drive away
> developers who develop and support for free.
>
> Simon

You don't know what I'm doing to try and figure this out Simon.  I'm
trying to find an sql script that will create the database and all the
tables, but none exists.  I never get to the update DB schemas button,
horde white screens on me.  I have not demanded anything, I am asking
publicly which means that the answer is going to be on google for
anybody who needs it if someone will just answer the question.  Using
postgresql was easy when I started using horde back in the horde 3 days,
but it has become extremely difficult to set PostgreSQL up today.
Software that isn't documented well, open source or not, is garbage.
The postrgresql documentation will NOT tell me how to set the database
up for horde.  Horde is supposedly supposed to set the database up for
horde.  Unfortunately, horde is white screening instead of creating the
database.  I have a horde user with the correct password and what should
be adequate permissions, but it's no go.