[horde] Still encoding problems

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Aug 21 06:54:08 UTC 2014

Quoting Robert Wagner <robert at duff.de>:

>> I have plenty of examples of iso-8859-1 messages that contain
>> non-ascii characters.  And replying to these messages is working
>> fine for me.  (It both displays correctly in the compose window and
>> in the outgoing message).
>>
>> Can you verify that they are actually being sent by IMP in UTF-8?
>
> they are sent in charset=ISO-8859-1 by imp, i.e. the same charset
> the original message was sent. When i compose a fresh mail it is
> sent in charset="utf-8"

That could only happen if sending_charset is not the default value
(UTF-8).  The only way I know this could happen is if a user has the
sending_charset defined in their local preference.

That being said, if a user does have something other than the
recommended UTF-8 value, we should send the message correctly.  So I
need to look into that.

michael