[horde] Still encoding problems

Robert Wagner robert at duff.de
Thu Aug 21 08:11:30 UTC 2014

>> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>>
>>> I have plenty of examples of iso-8859-1 messages that contain
>>> non-ascii characters.  And replying to these messages is working
>>> fine for me.  (It both displays correctly in the compose window
>>> and in the outgoing message).
>>>
>>> Can you verify that they are actually being sent by IMP in UTF-8?
>>
>> they are sent in charset=ISO-8859-1 by imp, i.e. the same charset
>> the original message was sent. When i compose a fresh mail it is
>> sent in charset="utf-8"
>
> That could only happen if sending_charset is not the default value
> (UTF-8).  The only way I know this could happen is if a user has the
> sending_charset defined in their local preference.

I have no sending_charset preference set.

i did some more tests. It happens only if the following conditions are met:

- Mailer MS Outlook (no difference wether via a exchange server or via
imap, with thunderbird no problems)
- HTML-Format
- Charset not UTF-8

I will send a test message from outlook to the list, would you please
reply to that to rule out a local problem with my installation?

Thanks.

robert