[horde] Horde upgrade questions

John H. Bennett III bennettj at thebennetthome.com
Thu Aug 28 02:02:49 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I've finally been able to do a mock upgrade to horde 5.2.1 using my
actual data from horde 3.  After doing so, I have these questions and
issues, that I'd like some help with:

1. Categories - Why do I have the option of creating them, when they
now seem to have no function?  There doesn't seem to be a relationship
between categories and tags, except on an upgrade where your previous
categories are migrated to tags.  I created new categories and tried
to use in calendar and notes, but it appears that only new tags are
created.  At least I couldn't find what good categories serve in horde
5.2.1.

2. On an upgrade from horde 3 to 5.2.1, all calendar colors are
defaulted to #dddddd.  No big deal here, the color can easily be
changed, it's just different behavior than when you add a new user,
they get a random calender color

3. Is there a way to not show the calendar week number?  I didn't see
a pref or setting for that.

4. Is there a way to choose what default address book to use when you
click on the Address Book top level menu?  For me, when I click the
top menu, it opens the firs address book that is listed
alphabetically.  Probably not that big of a deal, I could always hover
over the menu, and choose what I want.

5. Importing turba contacts via vcard format with multiple addresses.
I've exported my horde3 contacts as CSV, Vcard 2.0, adn Vcard 3.0.
When I import as CSV, all my contact info is good.  Contacts with
multiple email addresses are saved just fine, separated by commas.  If
I import using either version of vcard, the multiple addresses aren't
saved, only the first one is.  If I import either vcard version into
owncloud, owncloud shows the contacts with multiple addresses just
fine, so I think the export format is good, it's something to do with
how turba is doing it's import.

Other than that, I think you all for a good piece of software, and I
look forward to actually upgrading my production box soon.

Thank again for any help and assistance,

John H. Bennett III