[horde] Imp Remote Account Status

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Sep 19 15:56:43 UTC 2014

On 28. Juni 2014 15:27:16 MESZ, Bastian Klein <b.klein at bkims.de> wrote:
>Hi all!
>
>Not knowing where to look for, so i will ask here.
>Which Status has the Remote Account Feature in IMP?
>
>Is the Function near final for 6.2 or just a preview?

It's feature complete for now and stable.

>I have a customer wanting this feature very much, but i dont think this
>state would make him happy at all.
>
>- I think for usability purpose we have to store passwords of course

Definitely not "of course". At most this is debatable. And I think it has been discussed in the past.

>- Why do i have to setup a password in settings when i am prompt to
>give a
>password after each IMP login?

See the archives. You enter the password for the automatic parameter detection.

>- Why is it not showing the folders Names only? Treeview is there but
>Naming is very confusing for Customer because they create Folders like
>"Mails from Boss" not "INBOX.SomeFolder.MailsFromBoss" like they see
>them
>in Remote Accounts .

This is what usually happens. Your remote server might return incorrect namespace information, if it doesn't work for you.

>(Translations are although only working for Folder "INBOX" but not for
>Drafts, Sent and Trash as they do in Local Account)

Because those are not special folders for IMP.

>- I think it would be a must habe feature to get info about new emails
>at
>least in INBOX from Remote account somewhere.
>At lease Remote Accounts(Number auf new Mails).

I'm pretty sure you can check those for new mail like any other folder.