[horde] Let users browse from IMP linked attachements

Michael mine at michi.su
Wed Oct 1 20:28:29 UTC 2014

On 01.10.2014 18:35, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting Michael <mine at michi.su>:
>
>> First: is it possible to let users browse uploaded attachments that
>> have been linked by IMP?
>
> Do you mean browsing all attachments that user has made?

Correctly.

> If yes - answer is: not by default.  But you can install Gollem and add
> a backend to point to the VFS storage location of the uploaded attachments.

I have been able to create this backend but the files are seen as they
are on the file system. Means, the user can see the hash values instead
of the file names that are written in the metadata file.

>> Second: can I set the storage path for the attachments differently
>> than the caching path of horde ($conf[cache][params][dir])?
>
> That's not where attachments are stored.  They are instead stored in
> your VFS backend (under the .horde/imp/attachments directory) if you
> have a VFS backend configured and the system temporary directory if you
> don't have a VFS backend configured.

My VFS backend is set to SQL. But in the IMP compose settings the
setting "$conf[compose][use_vfs]" is not ticked off.
So the attachments are stored in /tmp/.horde/imp/attachments as you
mentioned above.

I think I should switch the VFS backend to file system soon. Is there a
way to preserve the data when switching from SQL to file system?

Michael