[horde] Debian HTML Editor, Fixed with Horde framework/Editor/js/ckeditor

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Mon Nov 10 22:51:14 UTC 2014

On 11/10/2014 10:46 AM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting Andy Dorman <adorman at ironicdesign.com>:
>
>> On 11/10/2014 10:11 AM, Stuart Naifeh wrote:
>>> Why don't the Debian packagers just use the version of ckeditor that
>>> Horde packages in the Horde_Editor pear package rather than trying to
>>> make
>>> Horde use the Debian ckeditor package? That way, horde will never have a
>>> version conflict with the Debian ckeditor package as Debian continues to
>>> update it (jessie, for example, is on ckeditor 4.4, which Jan says is
>>> entirely incompatible with Horde).
>>>

>> I do not know the answer to your question.
>>
>> I worked on this some this past weekend and so far I am not having any
>> luck getting the Debian CKEditor 4.4.4 package to work in the Imp
>> compose window.  I have resolved and documented a couple of missing
>> sym links to get all the files loaded.
>
> This will *never* work with the current code.
>
> IMP uses the Ckeditor 3.x javascript API.  Ckeditor's 4.x javascript API
> is completely different.
>
> Using Ckeditor 4.x will only be possible when all of IMP's javascript
> code interfacing with Ckeditor is rewritten.
>
> michael
>
> ___________________________________
> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]

Michael, thank you for the info above.

Based on what you said about not being able to use CKEditor 4.x without
a complete re-write of Imp js interface code, I completely cleared the
directory where the Debian php-horde-editor package sets up the ckeditor
sym links to the Debian CKEditor.

/usr/share/horde/js/ckeditor/

I also removed the sym link I added imp/core -> Debian CKEditor/core.

Then I copied the contents of horde/framework/Editor/js/ckeditor from
the current Horde git repository into /usr/share/horde/js/ckeditor/.

And everything just works.

Please let the rest of us know when you core Horde devs think you might
have the time to work on a sponsored upgrade of the Horde CKEditor code
to the 4.x API so Horde can keep up with the latest security updates for
CKEditor.  I am sure we will contribute to paying for that upgrade.

Thanks again.

--
Andy Dorman