[horde] Empty window opening S/MIME signed messages

Jānis je at ktf.rtu.lv
Mon Nov 24 07:22:24 UTC 2014

Citēts Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
Sun, 23 Nov 2014 11:20:07 -0700:

> Quoting Jānis <je at ktf.rtu.lv>:
>
>> Somehow I lost ability to open S/MIME signed messages (no problems with PGP)
>>
>> in PHP err log I see such msg (Horde 5.1.6/PHP 5.3.27):
>>
>> PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function isEmbedded() on a
>> non-object in /X/horde5/imp/lib/Mime/Viewer/Smime.php on line 291,
>> referer:
>> https://Y/imp/basic.php?mailbox=SU5CT1guVGVobmlrYV91Yy5Ib3JkZQ&page=mailbox
>>
>> it seems that opening of the message dies on certificate verification.
>
> Upgrade Horde/IMP.

no way while there is no clarity on how I can have my notes collection
nicely visually organized without involving searching any time I need
to get something from the collection. I better read such e-mails from
console or not at all than loose Categories.

I got this problem after "upgrade" to 5.2. and immediate return to
5.1.6 finding Categories replaced by tags. There is obvious
Imp-6.1.7's incompatibility with some more recent libs installed
during "upgrade" as there is no option of forced install of older
versions having _their dependencies_ automatically resolved.

I am looking forward to get from developers the list of Horde 5.1.6
compatible modules version numbers - I already have a list but it does
not seem being full. I do not understand why such simple plea is
stubbornly ignored - just "have the latest or die" or "advice" to
restore from latest backup knowing that generally Horde to some extent
is spread over the whole system, not being in one place like in good
ole' times.

I have the big nostalgia for the time when the installation of Horde
consisted mainly from unzipping of respective archive.

Janis