[horde] Empty window opening S/MIME signed messages

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Nov 24 20:20:28 UTC 2014

Quoting Jānis <je at ktf.rtu.lv>:

> Citēts Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
> Sun, 23 Nov 2014 11:20:07 -0700:
>
>> Quoting Jānis <je at ktf.rtu.lv>:
>>
>>> Somehow I lost ability to open S/MIME signed messages (no problems
>>> with PGP)
>>>
>>> in PHP err log I see such msg (Horde 5.1.6/PHP 5.3.27):
>>>
>>> PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function isEmbedded() on a
>>> non-object in /X/horde5/imp/lib/Mime/Viewer/Smime.php on line 291,
>>> referer:
>>> https://Y/imp/basic.php?mailbox=SU5CT1guVGVobmlrYV91Yy5Ib3JkZQ&page=mailbox
>>>
>>> it seems that opening of the message dies on certificate verification.
>>
>> Upgrade Horde/IMP.
>
> no way while there is no clarity on how I can have my notes
> collection nicely visually organized without involving searching any
> time I need to get something from the collection. I better read such
> e-mails from console or not at all than loose Categories.
>
> I got this problem after "upgrade" to 5.2. and immediate return to
> 5.1.6 finding Categories replaced by tags. There is obvious
> Imp-6.1.7's incompatibility with some more recent libs installed
> during "upgrade" as there is no option of forced install of older
> versions having _their dependencies_ automatically resolved.

Regardless of your thoughts about Horde's upgrade process (which are
irrelevant for the current topic), you asked a question about a
specific PHP error in an old version of the software.

The only way you are going to get meaningful support for errors like
this are either:

1.) Upgrading to the current version of the software and verifying
that the error remains unfixed/reproducible
2.) Tracing/fixing the error yourself

michael