[horde] [sync] ActiveSync attachments not downloading, disappearing on devices

Thomas Bühlmann tomnet at tbuhl.ch
Thu Nov 27 09:26:19 UTC 2014

Am 26.11.2014 17:51, schrieb Andreas Schneider:
>  ----- Nachricht von Volker Then <horde40 at volkerthen.com> ---------
>   Datum: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 17:26:27 +0100
>     Von: Volker Then <horde40 at volkerthen.com>
> Betreff: Re: [sync] ActiveSync attachments not downloading,
> disappearing on
> devices
>      An: sync at lists.horde.org
>
>> Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> unusual.

> but no
> error in
> has

>>> Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I'm talking about the sync cache and/or
>>> client state. These are not related to any other Horde cache. They are
>>> stored in SQL.
>>>
>>> Anyway, if removing the client from Horde's activesync administration
>>> screen doesn't force OL to reset itself, you can either remove OL's
>>> local cache file and/or just delete and recreate the account in OL.
>>
>> Again some tests with Outlook and ActiveSync. It's still not working
>> like prior to ActiveSync 2.20.*. The full collection never gets synced,
>> Outlook retrieves identical ServerEntryIDs multiple times, but in the
>> client no email appears. When I sync only the last month, some utems got
>> synced, before the syncing process stops. The Log says, that it found
>> loads of changes, but they don't get synced. Any progress here? OL sync
>> was working almost perfectly in the last weeks. Anyone else witnessing
>> this? (in case you have an up-to-date horde installation)
>> Volker
>
> hi i have the same issue ... updated today morning ... endless outlook
> 2013
> sync
> in the apache.log i found 1000x :
>
> mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function toString()
> on a non-object in /usr/local/share/pear/Horde/Mime/Part.php on line 1282
>  Mit freundlichen Grüssen
>
> Andreas Schneider

Hello all.

I had the same issue with one of my users using outlook 13 with
activsync. ( Horde_ActiveSync v2.20.4)
I cleared the horde_activesync_cache Table in the DB and erased the
corresponding Device entry in horde_activesync_devices Table.
(So it gave me a new device id to make sure all "old" entrys somewhere
in the DB do no longer interfere.)

After that i saw tat some Mails are sent to Outlook over and over again.

I saw repteatedly the messages:
Horde_Core_Activesync_Driver::getMessages ("Folder", xxxxx)
in the Device log with xxxx beeing the same number over and over again.

 This may be due to ther error Andreas Schneider mentioned above.
I don't use fcgi, but saw the exact same error.

I was able to identify theese mails according to the subject and
destination adress and removed them from the imap -server.

Now sync works again with this outlook client.

Perhaps this info helps sort out this error, though for me it was more
of a trial anderror approach than actual science :)

--Tom