[horde] Directory problem with horde alarms

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 01:13:12 UTC 2014

> Zitat von Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 6:53 AM, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

>>> The cronjob is not using the same configuration that you used for
>>>
>>> *PEAR* configuration, that is.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jan Schneider
>>> The Horde Project
>>> http://www.horde.org/
>>> https://www.facebook.com/hordeproject
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> Thanks Jan,  can you however clarify how to setup the cronjob pear
>> environment properly? Is there a wiki entry for this?  Finally,
shouldn't
>> this done by the install script?
>> Sounds highly unusual to have to setup something like that after a
>> framework is installed, that is, without this occurrence being
documented
>> or indicated anywhere..
>>
>> Just trying to make this work without errors and help improve Horde's
>> user-friendliness!
>>
>> Cheers!
>
> You either run the script as a different user than the one you used for
> installing Horde (or rather: for configuring the horde_dir configuration
> setting via the Horde_Role post-install script), and one of these users
> has a custom PEAR configuration. See user configuration in the PEAR docs.
> Or you specified a custom configuration or configuration file during the
> Horde installation, and failed to pass the same configuration when
> running the script. This is documented in the install docs.
>
> --
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org/https://www.facebook.com/hordeproject

Hello maillist!

the issue with the alarms cronjob persists as the remote MySQL server is
repeatedly reporting access denied for user horde.  This happens every 5
minutes when the horde-alarms cron job is executed.  For example:

141128 19:55:01 [Warning] Access denied for user 'horde'@'centos-mail'
(using password: NO)
141128 20:00:01 [Warning] Access denied for user 'horde'@'centos-mail'
(using password: NO)
141128 20:05:01 [Warning] Access denied for user 'horde'@'centos-mail'
(using password: NO)

Manually running the horde-alarms script on the Horde server produces the
same behavior on the database server.  I have checked for database
credentials and have setup the credentials (DB name, user name and
password) on both Database & Alarms tabs of the Horde configuration page
and saved the changes.  It doesnt seems to have helped.

Database usage seems just fine for the rest of the framework as everything
else seems to work fine.  If I comment out the cron job for the
horde-alarms, these errors dissapear.  Where is the horde-alarms script
taking the database credentials from?

Horde was initially installed with default settings using a root account.
The cronjob is executed under the root user account.

Thanks
--
Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com