[horde] Apache Performance tuning with Horde

Patrick De Zordo patrick at spamreducer.eu
Thu Dec 4 11:35:48 UTC 2014

Sorry for the empty message.. It was NOT my fault..

Again typing all the stuff, it got lost in horde nirvana..

First:
Our test server is located in a shared datacenter and we are using a shared
SAN storage as our backend.
We have checked the bandwidth of the storage using some simple tools like dd
and htparm..
The storage has a LOT of bandwidth and a lot of IOPS.. so there should be no
problem.

Second:
During the apache CPU load spikes we are monitoring our system with dstat
and iotop and we can't see any big disk reads or writes.
We just see our CPU going up to 100% for about 4-6 seconds after every
little ActiveSync synchronization a client is making.
For example, marking 10 messages as read will cause it. Clients Outlook is
signaling waiting for server answer..

I don't know where to look at..

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Distinti saluti / Kind regards
De Zordo Patrick
patrick at spamreducer.eu

Microsoft