[horde] trean: 404 when deleting or saving after edit

Jan Niggemann jn at hz6.de
Wed Dec 10 11:04:13 UTC 2014

Hi list,

I was told to ask here and that my rewrite rules are not
enabled/correctly configured.

https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/13743

Creating bookmarks works fine, but saving after editing reproduceably
produces a 404 with http://domain.de/horde/trean/b/save not being found,
the same goes for deleting (http://domain.de/horde/trean/b/delete).
Everything else is working correctly. I verified that AllowOverride is
set to all and I double-checked that the .htaccess file in the horde_dir
is used.
I created a debug log, but it hasn't valuable information related to
the error. This happens on apache 2.2.15 on CentOS.

There are other mentions of this issue, an example being
http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20130318/047099.html

The troubleshooting FAQ
(http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot#toc41) says:
This usually means one of the following:
     You didn't properly setup your Horde categories driver in
horde/config/conf.php.
     You set your categories driver to something which can't save data
between sessions (like the "session" or "none" drivers.
     You failed to create the needed category storage for your category
setup (e.g. didn't create the database tables when using the sql
driver).

There's nothing to be found related to such a config setting, I grep'ed
and googled but was unable to come up with something. I found mentions
of a table horde_categories which I don't have, but I can't find it on a
100% working installation neither.

I reinstalled everything from scratch several times, putting horde into
a subdirectory (with and without adding RewriteBase in the .htaccess) or
in the document root, but the error persists.
Debugging this, I have found that after saving (and deleting),
rampage.php is called, which in turn gives the 404. I'm not sure that
rewriting is at fault here, but then again I'm not (yet) an expert. From
my limited knowledge I gather that this has something to do with the
routes (trean/config/routes.php) not functioning correctly, but I can't
get a grip on it.

If anyone has an idea, I'd be glad to to everything I can to debug
this.

Regards
jan