[horde] trean: 404 when deleting or saving after edit

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Dec 10 16:05:59 UTC 2014

Quoting Jan Niggemann <jn at hz6.de>:

> Hi list,
>
> I was told to ask here and that my rewrite rules are not
> enabled/correctly configured.
>
> https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/13743
>
> Creating bookmarks works fine, but saving after editing
> reproduceably produces a 404 with
> http://domain.de/horde/trean/b/save not being found, the same goes
> for deleting (http://domain.de/horde/trean/b/delete).
> Everything else is working correctly. I verified that AllowOverride
> is set to all and I double-checked that the .htaccess file in the
> horde_dir is used.
> I created a debug log, but it hasn't valuable information related to
> the error. This happens on apache 2.2.15 on CentOS.
>
> There are other mentions of this issue, an example being
> http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20130318/047099.html
>
> The troubleshooting FAQ
> (http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot#toc41) says:
> This usually means one of the following:
>     You didn't properly setup your Horde categories driver in
> horde/config/conf.php.
>     You set your categories driver to something which can't save
> data between sessions (like the "session" or "none" drivers.
>     You failed to create the needed category storage for your
> category setup (e.g. didn't create the database tables when using
> the sql driver).
>
> There's nothing to be found related to such a config setting, I
> grep'ed and googled but was unable to come up with something. I
> found mentions of a table horde_categories which I don't have, but I
> can't find it on a 100% working installation neither.

Yeah, those were related to older, pre-release versions of Trean going
back many years. I have removed that text from the wiki.

> I reinstalled everything from scratch several times, putting horde
> into a subdirectory (with and without adding RewriteBase in the
> .htaccess) or in the document root, but the error persists.
> Debugging this, I have found that after saving (and deleting),
> rampage.php is called, which in turn gives the 404. I'm not sure
> that rewriting is at fault here, but then again I'm not (yet) an
> expert.

So, are you saying that the webserver can't find rampage.php? Then it
most likely IS a rewrite issue - probably RewriteBase or similar.

> From my limited knowledge I gather that this has something to do
> with the routes (trean/config/routes.php) not functioning correctly,
> but I can't get a grip on it.

When a page that doesn't exist is requested, it is rewritten to
/horde/rampage.php which (to greatly simplify) handles the request
based on the rules configured in trean/config/routes. If ramplage.php
is causing the 404, the rewrite rule is not generating the correct url
to rampage.php.

--
mike
The Horde Project