[horde] Strange Active Sync Problem with leaking calender data

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Dec 10 15:44:39 UTC 2014

Quoting lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:

> Hello,
>
> we had the problem that on User A iPhone connected with Active Sync
> to latest Horde/Kronolith events appeared which are created in
> unrelated User B calender. All our user have read permissin to each
> other calender, but there was only User A calender marked for sync
> and to my knowledge it isn't even possible to sync a shared read
> only calender with Active Sync. We have verified that User A indeed
> has no write permission to User B calender and that neither User A
> nor User B has anything other marked for sync beside their own
> calender. Both User sync with Active Sync but different devices. In
> the WebUI all is well and i have not found anything special in the
> database.
>
> Unfortunately User B has since then deleted some stale Active Sync
> Devices in the profile and the issue seams to be gone away now...
>
> What we have is one event belonging User B which User A tried to
> delete by Active Sync
>
> /tmp/APPLDNQK87E6DTC0.txt:2014-12-08T16:14:45+01:00 INFO: [30833]
> Horde_Core_ActiveSync_Driver::getMessage(@Calendar@,
> 20141203093617.hH9HjB-KBSzda-rjOCgR4A1 at webmail.kwsoft.de)
> /tmp/APPLDNQK87E6DTC0.txt:2014-12-10T12:04:37+01:00 INFO: [5348]
> Horde_Core_ActiveSync_Driver::changeMessage(@Calendar@,
> 20141203093617.hH9HjB-KBSzda-rjOCgR4A1 at webmail.kwsoft.de ...)
> /tmp/APPLDNQK87E6DTC0.txt:2014-12-10T12:04:37+01:00 ERR: [5348]
> Change message failed when updating
> 20141203093617.hH9HjB-KBSzda-rjOCgR4A1 at webmail.kwsoft.de
> /tmp/APPLDNQK87E6DTC0.txt:    [0] =>
> 20141203093617.hH9HjB-KBSzda-rjOCgR4A1 at webmail.kwsoft.de
>

> and the according add to one of User B devices:
>
> /tmp/BB5017FDAD.txt:2014-12-06T19:58:49+01:00 INFO: [24740]
> Horde_Core_ActiveSync_Driver::getMessage(@Calendar@,
> 20141203093617.hH9HjB-KBSzda-rjOCgR4A1 at webmail.kwsoft.de)
>

> Might this be cause by stale/double device/collection whatever IDs
> in the cache? We have around 30 EAS User whith none of them beside
> this two have this issue.

I don't see how that would be related, unless one of those stale
entries were for the same device, but different account. Even then, it
would be a client issue since once the account was deleted
client-side, it should no longer be attempting to contact the server.

Is it possible this was a meeting where both parties were involved?
The only way this would be possible, as far as I can see, is if that
UID was present in both of the users' calendar.

--
mike
The Horde Project