[horde] trean: 404 when deleting or saving after edit

Jan Niggemann jn at hz6.de
Wed Dec 10 16:26:30 UTC 2014

Am 10.12.2014 17:05, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
> Quoting Jan Niggemann <jn at hz6.de>:
>
>> I reinstalled everything from scratch several times, putting horde
>> into a subdirectory (with and without adding RewriteBase in the
>> .htaccess) or in the document root, but the error persists.
>> Debugging this, I have found that after saving (and deleting),
>> rampage.php is called, which in turn gives the 404. I'm not sure  that
>> rewriting is at fault here, but then again I'm not (yet) an  expert.
>
> So, are you saying that the webserver can't find rampage.php? Then it
> most likely IS a rewrite issue - probably RewriteBase or similar.
It's the other way roud: rampage.php is called (and found) and only
then the 404 occurs.
I tested it this way: I copied the /horde/.htaccess file to /trean
without changing the content and it did what I expected: The redirection
kicks in and then the server can't find rampage.php because it's a level
higher up. This IMHO shows that the request for /trean/b/save is
redirected to horde/rampage.php and the latter returns the 404.

>> From my limited knowledge I gather that this has something to do
>> with the routes (trean/config/routes.php) not functioning correctly,
>> but I can't get a grip on it.
>
> When a page that doesn't exist is requested, it is rewritten to
> /horde/rampage.php which (to greatly simplify) handles the request
> based on the rules configured in trean/config/routes.
That's what I thought.

Anything I could try to debug this?
jan