[horde] Trouble installing Horde

Erling Preben Hansen erling at eph.dk
Thu Dec 25 00:00:47 UTC 2014

  Citat af Luis Felipe Marzagao <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>:

> On 24-12-2014 08:28, Roland Clemens Gutsch wrote:
>> Hi @All,
>> maybe it is just a minor issue, I do have trouble installing horde on
>> Ubuntu 14.04 .
>> At first, I user the Ubuntu packages to install php-horde-webmail, then
>> I installed Horde using pear - the results are the same.
>> Throughout Horde, I get "Connection reset" errors e.g. when trying to
>> add a new Contact or when trying to access certain administrative
>> settings. I enabled debug logs in Apache and php, but I see no errors.
>
> Have you set the $conf['cookie']['path'] correctly in
> horde/config/conf.php?
>
>> What can I do to investigate this error? Maybe someone already knows
>> about this..
>>
>> Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Roland

  Hey

Do not install via apt-get or other ubuntu package manager.

  I know there is a debian pack for horde but how current it is i do not
know.
I use pear to install with..
But
Ubuntu 14.04 has some gzopen errors and it isn't solved yet.
So when you use pear you need to use the -Z option to get the job done.
Other than that you can use these instructions:
http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL

when you use pear do like this:
pear install -Z -a -B horde/the-thing-you-wan't-to-install

/erling