[horde] Trouble installing Horde

Erling Preben Hansen erling at eph.dk
Thu Dec 25 00:29:02 UTC 2014

  Citat af Erling Preben Hansen <erling at eph.dk>:

> Citat af Luis Felipe Marzagao <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>:
>
>> On 24-12-2014 08:28, Roland Clemens Gutsch wrote:
>>> Hi @All,
>>> maybe it is just a minor issue, I do have trouble installing horde on
>>> Ubuntu 14.04 .
>>> At first, I user the Ubuntu packages to install php-horde-webmail, then
>>> I installed Horde using pear - the results are the same.
>>> Throughout Horde, I get "Connection reset" errors e.g. when trying to
>>> add a new Contact or when trying to access certain administrative
>>> settings. I enabled debug logs in Apache and php, but I see no errors.
>>
>> Have you set the $conf['cookie']['path'] correctly in
>> horde/config/conf.php?
>>
>>> What can I do to investigate this error? Maybe someone already knows
>>> about this..
>>>
>>> Any help is appreciated.
>>>
>>> Roland
>>
>> --
>
> Hey
>
> Do not install via apt-get or other ubuntu package manager.
>
> I know there is a debian pack for horde but how current it is i do not
> know.
> I use pear to install with..
> But
> Ubuntu 14.04 has some gzopen errors and it isn't solved yet.
> So when you use pear you need to use the -Z option to get the job done.
> Other than that you can use these instructions:
> http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL
>
> when you use pear do like this:
> pear install -Z -a -B horde/the-thing-you-wan't-to-install
>
> /erling

Hey

I forgot to mention that:

In the guide there are two things missing. If you are using apache.
First you need the rewrite engine enabled.
and you need to define:

RewriteEngine On
In your apache config.

For Horde's Directory
you need the AllowOverride all option set.

LIke this in the apache config:
<Directory /var/www/horde >
   SomeOtherOptions
   AsYouNeedThem

    AllowOverride all
    Order allow.deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Or else your .htaccess will not work.
And those rewrite Rules in them will not get executed.

When everything is working. You can consider moving these rules inside in
apaches config files.
To optimize for speed.

/erling