[horde] Syncing...

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Thu Jan 15 21:29:53 UTC 2015

On 15.01.2015 21:05, Michael Robinson wrote:
> I'm wondering if thunderbird has a calendar feature?
> It will be great if thunderbird does imap only.

It's called lightning and can be installed as a plugin.

> Evolution has this feature where I'm wondering if syncing
> the calendar from evolution with the one from kronolith
> is possible?
>
> Is kronolith using a standard calendaring system that other
> apps, say on your Android phone, can sync with?

Kronolith provides syncml, activesync (Exchange), RSS Feeds and CalDAV
as sync protocols and if I am not mistaken, it also offers webdav-shared
ics files (with inherently poor performance)

thunderbird is known to have a caldav plugin.
Android phones have native ActiveSync and can support CalDAV through at
least 2 mature plugin options. These work with different android calendars.

I don't use evolution because it's way to gnomey for me.

In ancient times "kitchensync" used to provide syncml adapters for many
desktop calendars. Haven't heard of it in years!

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de