[horde] Syncing...

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 20:57:29 UTC 2015

https://www.google.de/search?hl=en-DE&source=hp&q=thunderbird+calendar

> It will be great if thunderbird does imap only.

Why would that be great?  It would be quite limiting.  Not to mention
rendering the calender feature null...

> Evolution has this feature where I'm wondering if syncing
> the calendar from evolution with the one from kronolith
> is possible?

For years.  Even using more than one protocol...
https://www.google.de/search?hl=en-DE&source=hp&q=evolution+horde+sync

> Is kronolith using a standard calendaring system that other
> apps, say on your Android phone, can sync with?

This is the definition of open source.  It wasn't using an open standard
we'd all be screwed.

> Thank you everyone for help getting horde-groupware going even
> though I posted a lot of times on here.

Everyone has to start somewhere..  But a little googling will help you get
your thoughts straight and save you time.

> My next job is to get phppgadmin going so I can check the permissions
> on my postgresql-9.3 database and try to diagnose why storing the
> preferences in the postgres horde database isn't working.  I'm running
> mariadb just to host the preferences, which is kinda ridiculous.
>
> A workaround to keep things simple is to tell people not to use
> other calendar programs.

As long as it's not lotus notes, I'm sure you'll find away to sync it with
horde.

Simon