[horde] Mail preference issue

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Tue Jan 20 13:53:28 UTC 2015

On Tue, 20 Jan 2015, Roman Gelfand wrote:

> Version - 5.2.3
> "is broken again" means that autocompletion is not working.  When I press
> To button, I get list of contacts, but when I do search existing contacts
> are not found.  If I immediately go to preferences -> mail -> compose ->
> address book; choose my address book and save.  Then when I compose another
> email, autocompletion works.  If I logoff and log back in, it stop working.

Let me rephrase your info:

As long as you do not logoff, the LDAP address book is working? Regardless
how often you compose a message? When you relogin and go to preferences ->
mail -> compose -> address book, the LDAP addressbook is deselected.

> Please, keep in mind, I have two address books used for autocompletion on
> compose.  They are personal ldap address book and favorites address book.
> The favorites address always works.  The issue mentioned above is with ldap
> personal address book.  I have tried to use only the ldap personal address
> book for compose and the issue was still there.

Do you have a preference init hook?
What preference storage do you use? Is it working?

Please try this:
0) logon / logoff, so LDAP is deselected
1) get search_sources preference setting
2) logon and select LDAP for searching
3) get search_sources preference setting
4) logoff
5) get search_sources preference setting
6) logon
7) get search_sources preference setting

If you use SQL as backend, look into the database, table horde_prefs; if
you have configured the external tool, use it:
horde-prefs "path_to_config" "userid" print imp | grep search_sources

If you see no change in the setting in step 3 and 5 in comparision to step
1, your preference backend is not configured correctly. If there is a
change 1 (off) -> 3 (on) -> 5 (off again), dunno. If there is a change 5
(on) -> 7 (off), you have a preference hook that resets the setting.

If you use the stock hook file imp/config/hooks.php and have the hooks
enabled e.g. with this file:
./prefs.d/10-webmail.php:$_prefs['add_source']['hook'] = true;

the setting resets each time an user logins overwriting any user
specified setting.

> Now that I think about it, could it be that horde or imp assumes that
> connection to ldap has already been established, when in reality it is not,
> and fails?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 6:22 AM, Steffen <
> skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 10 Jan 2015, Roman Gelfand wrote:
>>
>> Which Horde version do you use?
>>
>>  In preference -> mail -> composition address book, I chose search fields.
>>> Immediately, if I compose mail, auto completion works good.  Sometime
>>> later, it is broken again.  Would anyone what could be braking it.
>>>

>> What does "is broken again" mean?
>>
>> If you save the changes and immediately re-open the preferences and select
>> an addressbook, are the selected fields available?
>>
>> and when is "later"?
>>
>> After a re-login?
>>
>> --
>> Steffen