[horde] Logging to file not working [SOLVED]

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Fri Jan 30 12:43:25 UTC 2015

----- Message from ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in> ---------
    Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 16:25:53 +0530
    From: ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>
Subject: Re: [horde] Logging to file not working
      To: horde at lists.horde.org

> ----- Message from Erling Preben Hansen <erling at eph.dk> ---------
>     Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 10:42:11 +0000
>     From: Erling Preben Hansen <erling at eph.dk>
>  Subject: Re: [horde] Logging to file not working
>       To: horde at lists.horde.org
>

>> Citat af ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:
>>
>>> ----- Message from Steffen <skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>
>>> ---------
>>>   Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 10:45:15 +0100 (CET)
>>>   From: Steffen <skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>
>>> Subject: Re: [horde] Logging to file not working
>>>     To: horde at lists.horde.org
>>>     Cc: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> ----- End message from Steffen <skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>
>>> -----
>>>
>>> ls -ld /tmp
>>>
>>> drwxrwxrwt. 15 root root 4096 Jan 30 14:58 /tmp
>>>
>>> ls -l /tmp/horde.log
>>> -rw-r--r-- 1 apache apache 0 Jan 29 15:56 /tmp/horde.log
>>>
>>> Actually, I touched this file and changed ownership as logging was not
>>> happening.
>>>
>>> Tried changing to DEBUG also, but nothing is being written.
>>>
>>> --
>>>     सादर धन्यवाद/ Thanks & Regards
>>>          अनंत / Anant

>>> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
>>> is for
>>> the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
>> and
>>> privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
>>> distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
>>> contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
>>> message.

>> Hey
>>
>> Just a sugestion..
>> Try changing hordes logdir to webservers logdir.
>> That did it for me.
>>
>> /erling
>> --
>

> ----- End message from Erling Preben Hansen <erling at eph.dk> -----
>
> That also does not help.  I have installed Horde on RHEL 7.0 (PHP 5.4).
>
> --
>      सादर धन्यवाद/ Thanks & Regards
>           अनंत / Anant
> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any
> attachments, is for
> the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
> privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
> message.

----- End message from ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in> -----

Solved it.  I created a directory called /logs and ran chmod 1777
/logs and pointed horde logs to /logs/horde.log and it works.  I
think, RHEL 7 does not allow applications to use /tmp as per the
following info on blog

https://securityblog.redhat.com/2014/04/09/new-red-hat-enterprise-linux-7-security-feature-privatetmp/

--
      सादर धन्यवाद/ Thanks & Regards