[horde] Unable send event notification to attendee

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Feb 2 16:04:26 UTC 2015

Quoting NAI WEI YEK <yeknw1 at 1utar.my>:

> Dear horde list members,
>
> At horde calender, after i create an event and add attendee, i click save
> button and it prompt out an error "There was an error sending an event
> notification to example at gmail.com: Error connecting to SMTP server." But i
> can compose a new email and successfully send the email to recipient in
> horde Groupware 5.2.4. Any suggestion to solve this problem?

Without a more detailed error, it's hard to tell exactly why the
connection failed. I would start by checking your settings in Horde's
general configuration under the "Mailer" tab and make sure the
connection setttings are appropriate for the SMTP server you are
attempting to connect to (this may or may not be the same mailer used
for sending mail in IMP depending on how IMP was configured).