[horde] Kolab-stored preferenced went missing after recent update

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Fri Feb 6 14:48:13 UTC 2015

Hi Andreas & *,

Zitat von "A. Schulze" <sca at andreasschulze.de>:
> Jens-U. Mozdzen:
>
>> We're using the Kolab back-end to store settings in an Cyrus IMAP.
>> Setting new preferences works, it's just that all old preferences
>> seem to be lost.

unfortunately, the above is not true: The newly configured preferences
are only available across the session - after a re-login, evreything
is gone again.

Interestingly, I can confirm that new preferences are stores in the
IMAP mailbox - it's just that they aren't read during login.

> I have a maybe similiar problem. [...]
> But since a year or so only horde prefs are updated.

This makes me believe you're facing a different problem - we have an
"all or nothing" situation here, before the update preferences
handling worked fine.

---

I tried to debug the issue by configuring a debug log in IMP's backend
definition. But I only see IMP's IMAP traffic, no preferences-related
traffic. Where would I enable tracing KolabImap's accesses to the IMAP
server?

Regards,
Jens