[horde] Kolab-stored preferenced went missing after recent update

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Fri Feb 6 10:57:46 UTC 2015

Jens-U. Mozdzen:

> We're using the Kolab back-end to store settings in an Cyrus IMAP.
> Setting new preferences works, it's just that all old preferences
> seem to be lost.

I have a maybe similiar problem. I configured horde to use kolab backend ~2013
using the current horde and dovecot at that time. It worked for horde,
imp and ingo.
I'm sure because
  - horde show my last login
  - imp remember which imap folders are expanded / collapsed
  - I wrote sieve rules using ingo

But since a year or so only horde prefs are updated.
Expanding/collapsing folders don't survive logout/login cycles and
Sieve rules created by ingo result in a matching sieve script on the
imap server
but no entry in ingo.

Because I don't change sieve rules very often it took a long time to
note the fact
that only imp and ingo (and maybe othe horde apps excluding horde
itself) don't update
it's preferences anymore. The still working "last login" message told me
"Kolab prefs back-end is working some how"

I had a discussion on this list some months ago:
http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20140915/052672.html
without result :-/

Andreas