[horde] Configuration for Database on Different Server?

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Fri Feb 13 11:13:45 UTC 2015

----- Mensagem de John McIntyre <joh98.mac at gmail.com> ---------
    Data: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 10:45:57 +0000
      De: John McIntyre <joh98.mac at gmail.com>
Assunto: [horde] Configuration for Database on Different Server?
    Para: horde at lists.horde.org

> Hi,
> My question vanished, so going on the basis that it never made it to the
> mailing list, I shall ask again.  :)
>
> Horde is almost working on my server, but when I try to run tests on
> kronolith, it cannot connect to the MySQL server, which is expected, since
> they are now on separate servers.  Can someone tell me where to configure
> the horde so that it can use a separate database server, and also a
> separate mail server?

For the database, Administration -> Configuration -> Horde -> Database
-> $conf[sql][username], $conf[sql][password], $conf[sql][database],
$conf[sql][protocol] -> TCP/IP -> $conf[sql][hostspec],
$conf[sql][port].

For the mail server, if Imp is the application to handle
authentication, create and configure
horde/imp/config/backends.local.php to use your (probably) IMAP and
SMTP server with secure connection (read backends.php). Search about
this topic on the list (there are some about it recently).

Mauricio