[horde] Configuration for Database on Different Server?

John McIntyre joh98.mac at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 11:23:23 UTC 2015

> ----- Mensagem de John McIntyre <joh98.mac at gmail.com> ---------
>    Data: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 10:45:57 +0000
>      De: John McIntyre <joh98.mac at gmail.com>
> Assunto: [horde] Configuration for Database on Different Server?
>    Para: horde at lists.horde.org
>

>  Hi,
>> My question vanished, so going on the basis that it never made it to the
>> mailing list, I shall ask again.  :)
>>
>> Horde is almost working on my server, but when I try to run tests on
>> kronolith, it cannot connect to the MySQL server, which is expected, since
>> they are now on separate servers.  Can someone tell me where to configure
>> the horde so that it can use a separate database server, and also a
>> separate mail server?
>>

> For the database, Administration -> Configuration -> Horde -> Database ->
> $conf[sql][username], $conf[sql][password], $conf[sql][database],
> $conf[sql][protocol] -> TCP/IP -> $conf[sql][hostspec], $conf[sql][port].
>
> For the mail server, if Imp is the application to handle authentication,
> create and configure horde/imp/config/backends.local.php to use your
> (probably) IMAP and SMTP server with secure connection (read backends.php).
> Search about this topic on the list (there are some about it recently).

Hi guys,
Thanks for that.  I've got it for the backends.php. However, I can't
configure anything on the GUI since  there *is* no GUI running.

As for the php.conf, this is what mine looks like, concerning MySQL ..

$conf['sql']['username'] = '***********';
$conf['sql']['password'] = '**************';
$conf['sql']['socket'] = '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock';
$conf['sql']['protocol'] = 'unix';
$conf['sql']['database'] = '*******';
$conf['sql']['charset'] = 'utf-8';
$conf['sql']['ssl'] = false;
$conf['sql']['splitread'] = false;
$conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['nosql']['phptype'] = false

I tried putting the servername in there as:

$conf['sql']['server'] = '192.168..etc..';

No joy.