[horde] Ansel and Ingo Now ..?

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Mon Feb 16 10:41:13 UTC 2015

----- Nachricht von John McIntyre <joh98.mac at gmail.com> ---------
   Datum: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 10:32:17 +0000
     Von: John McIntyre <joh98.mac at gmail.com>
Betreff: [horde] Ansel and Ingo Now ..?
      An: horde <horde at lists.horde.org>

> Hi Guys,
>
> Horde working a treat.  The new interface, much the same as my last
> instance.  I like the fact that I can now get a thumbnail of attachments,
> and the cleaner 'To:' and 'Cc:' fields are nicer, too.  Plus, my tasks can
> now be added, edited and deleted in the browser, without throwing a 404.
> All in, sexy stuff.
>
> I installed ingo, generated the conf.php file and fired it into
> /usr/share/horde/ingo/config.  The configuration screen tells me that the
> MySQL schema is up-to-date, and that the application is ready.  But... not
> really sure where to go from here.  The main reason I installed ingo was to
> get vacation.  I use it on the command line, and it has served me well for
> the past two years - and all things considered, can continue to do that.
> It's more a convenience thing.

AFAIK you can either have the user's .forward file, OR Ingo.
Pls correct me somebody if wrong.

> As for Ansel, ditto : configuration file generated, and I can add a
> galerie.  What I can't do is to delete that gallery, and can't see any
> pictures in it.  Nor can I share it.  Is ansel still in the dev stage, and
> should I wait for updates, or is there something else I'm missing?

Did you set the Virtual File System stuff in Horde Confuguration? I
know that you can store your images either in SQL which I dont
recommend, or on the filesystem itself. You need to configure that,
and a path if using filesystem.