[horde] A hi from a new user

Maurice Kellenaers maurice at gkbikes.eu
Wed Feb 18 09:58:14 UTC 2015

>>> Not sure what exactly you mean with creating a task from an
>>> appointment, but what's on the roadmap is just to merge the tasks
>>> and  calendar applications. This is just a technical thing and
>>> won't change  anything from the user's perspective.
>>>
>> Let's say for example there is an appointment X on March 20, black
>> tie dresscode.
>> The appointment is in the calendar.
>> create task from appointment on feb 16; "call for tux", create task
>>  from appointment on March 19;"pick up tux"
>> So when clicking on/creating appointment, the possibility to create
>>  a task(s) with the appointment in the calendar as parent.
>
> That's an interesting concept. Where did you borrow it from? And is
> this just some simplification for creating the tasks, or do they
> still  show up an sub-tasks in the event view?

I have seen it somewhere before. Don't exactly recall where, since I
have reviewed several groupware suites and some lasted only for a
couple of hours before discarding them.
As of how you describe it, I have thought on this for some time. It
could be a way of simplification of creating tasks/subtasks in one way
and show them as sub-tasks in an other way.
imho

Maybe we discuss it in private first, then put this as a separate item
back on the (appropriate) list second?