[horde] Anyone Else Experiencing Ingo Wipes Out Existing Rules ???

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Wed Mar 11 22:44:34 UTC 2015

On 03/11/2015 08:59 AM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:
>>> Thanks for the feedback.
>>> I have spent quite a bit of time testing it.  It is frustratingly
>>> illusive.  I can create rules, create rules, and then I create another
>>> rule and that is the only rule left.  I have turned off auto-activate -
>>> no difference.  I have moved from preference storage to SQL storage [for
>>> rules] - no differences.  The rules either all disappear or most of them
>>> disappear, with no growlers and no errors in the logs.
>> You can look at the script ingo supposedly creates in the web UI.
>
> I know, that is not where the problem is.  The script - such that it is
> - gets saved to the sieve server just fine.  I have disabled
> auto-activiation for testing.
>
> It appears that occasionally the Save-Rule button/action acts like it
> stalls out.  Clicking that does not return to the rule list, it remains
> in the rule.  Then I click Save-Rule again and it goes to the rule list,
> at which point some number of rules will be missing, possibly all.  It
> is a problem with Ingo persisting the rule or rule-list.
>
> Obviously with a longer list of rules this is really aggrevating.

So you say "The rules either all disappear or most of them disappear,..."

Where do you look to determine this?  Is this what you see on the Ingo
web UI after you submit the new rule?  Or are you using something like
sieveshell to actually look at the rule on the mail server file system?

--
Andy Dorman