[horde] Anyone Else Experiencing Ingo Wipes Out Existing Rules ???

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Wed Mar 11 22:34:50 UTC 2015

On 03/11/2015 08:59 AM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

Sorry for long delay and for this not actually applying to the original
topic, but I wanted to close out my feedback above and let everyone know
our issue was NOT related to subject problem.

When I finally got around to capturing the long error that popped up
when one saved a Ingo filter it was pretty obvious what the problem was.
  Here is the key part of the error:

Script not updated: exception 'Ingo_Exception' with message 'There was
an error activating the script. The driver said: exception
'Horde_Exception_Pear' with message 'script errors: line 3: Unsupported
feature(s) in "require": "enotify"'...

I do not know when things changed, but at some point in the last 6
months I either removed this line from my backends.local.php

$backends['sieve']['script'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['notify'] = true;

or Cyrus 2.4.17 (latest Debian package) timsieved suddenly stopped
supporting the "enotify" extension which Horde uses by default.  I admit
this second possibility is very unlikely.

So anyway, if you tell Horde to use the deprecated "notify" with Cyrus
2.4.17 timsieved, the ingo script update works just fine.

FWIW I will admit to giving some thought to the original problem and I
am completely at a loss to even imagine a process that could do that
accidentally.  It would require updating the sieve script with an empty
value, no?

--
Andy Dorman