[horde] smime question, how does horde check certs

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Tue Mar 17 15:23:32 UTC 2015

Citeren Jan Eberhardt <j.eberhardt at hrz.uni-frankfurt.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I have a little issue with Horde 5. How does Horde 5 check if an
> certificate from a signed mail (via s/mime) is still valid?

Horde uses the OpenSSL PHP extension, which is mentioned in the
installation instructions for IMP:

     http://www.horde.org/apps/imp/docs/INSTALL

> To get more clear: Which component of Horde 5 performs the check?
> Are there settings in the Horde 5 config, which may be helpful?

Horde_Crypt (in Horde/Crypt/Smime.php) calls openssl_pkcs7_verify to
check for the validity of S/MIME signed messages:

     http://php.net/manual/en/function.openssl-pkcs7-verify.php

> I would like to add a OCSP resource to Horde 5.

Just out of curiosity, what are you trying to achieve with that?