[horde] smime question, how does horde check certs

Jan Eberhardt j.eberhardt at hrz.uni-frankfurt.de
Thu Mar 19 13:15:09 UTC 2015

My Use-Case is the following:

User 1 and User 2 are user of the same horde instance.

User 1: Uploads his public certificate to horde and sends a encrypted
message to user 2 (Note: user 2 does not have the public cert of user 1)

User 2: Receives the encrypted message from user 1, horde should check
the public certificate of user 1 and iff valid use it to encrypt the
message from user 1.

I want that horde checks the public certs it knows about, to decrypt
encrypted messages a user receives from another.

I also want, that User 2 can send a encrypted message to User 1,
without sending User 1 his public cert in advance.

Kind regards
Jan Eberhardt