[horde] Multiple calendars over Active Sync on Android 5 not working anymore?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Mar 21 18:25:25 UTC 2015

Quoting Michael <mine at michi.su>:

> On 04.03.2015 04:59, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
>>
>> Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:

>>> I have found the stock Android ActiveSync support to be hit-and-miss.
>>> Before digging into your Horde configuration, I would check with a
>>> known-good mail client first. A fairly good one is the 'Nine' client,
>>> which also receives frequent updates. You can try it for free for two
>>> weeks, which should be ample time to find out whether there is
>>> something wrong with your server or clients.
>>
>> As Arjen has said, this varies from client to client. However, there was
>> an issue in detecting the version string sent by Andoid 5 (at least the
>> one sent by the emulator). I've fixed this in Git and the emulator is
>> correctly detected as Android 5.0 - which does support multiple calendars.
>

> Finally I had the time to test ActiveSync with e new account. I tested
> with a lot of different combinations:
> Android 4.4.4, Nine on Android 4.4.4, Android 5.0.1, Nine on Android 5.0.1
>
> Before running each test I did the following:
>
> * Remove the user with "horde-remove-user-data"
> * Create a second calendar
> * Create one appointment for each calendar
> * Preferences -> Calendar -> Synchronization Preferences -> Check
> Support separate calendars?

Did you check to be sure the new calendar is selected to sync in the prefs?

Also, with Nine, I think you need to explicitly request a new
FOLDERSYNC so that the client picks up folder changes. I kind of
remember that client doesn't periodically issue a one on it's own
(like it should). IIRC, there is a sync/refresh icon on account
information page in Nine.

> In general, ActiveSync seem to be working quite good. Except the
> separate calendar, separate task list, separate notes isn't working.

Your log shows that separate calendars are supported, but it looks
like you maybe didn't enable separate tasks and contacts etc.. (this
is what the "@Tasks@" and "@Contacts@" folder names mean).

--
mike
The Horde Project