[horde] horde pear install

Erling Preben Hansen erling at eph.dk
Sun Apr 5 20:24:03 UTC 2015

  Citat af Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk>:

>> OK, last question; When I logged in, I
>
> noticed at the top
> left hand side of
> the screen :
>
> "Horde Groupware 5.2.5"
>
> I am interested in Horde Webmail. Is it
> the same thing or should
> I uninstall
> and try and find Horde Webmail.
> remember back in the old days (!), there was Horde
> Groupware
> and Horde Webmail.
> What is the difference anyway ??
>
> Thank you for your
> time and patience :-)
> spyros

> Hey
>
> If you in a browser go to pear.horde.org
> You can se what gets installed at which modules
> under dependencies.
> If you just say pear
> install -a -B horde/webmail You will get groupware
> with webmail.
>
> If you really only want webmail without
> calender tasks and notes.
> Then you should
> only install "imp" and perhaps "ingo"
> But i have never tried it though.
>
> /erling
>
> Hi Erling,
>
> Thank you for your kind reply.
> I just left it as it is. Since from what I can say, everything works, I
> have no
> intention of re-building everything for the fifth time :-)
>
> OK, eventhough Michael tells me there's no "administrator" account any
> more,
> I consulted my documentation and did the following , please advise me if
> I've done
> something silly  :
>
> 1. Setup horde (yes we know that :-)
> 2. Logged on as "administrator" from the httpd server page
> 3. Clicked on the Gear Icon , then clicked on "Administration" , then on
> "Configuration"
> 4. Chose "Horde (horde)"
> 5. Clicked on "Mailer" from the list of many button on the top of that
> page
> 6. Changed $conf[mailer][type] to "SMTP Server (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
> 7. Set $conf[mailer][params][port] to 25 (yeah I know , don't worry
> horde/ smtp / imap / pop3
> servers live on the same box)
> 8. Set $conf[mailer][params][secure] to "none" (see above)
> 9. Clicked on "Generate Horde Configuration".
>
> The system complained that it coulnt'd save it to the default path, so I
> went ahead and
> informed "php.ini" myself from the shell.
>
> Everything works perfectly well as far as I can tell.
>
> So I guest what I am trying to ask here is since I did the above changes
> to the settings,
> I set up the accounts with imap/smtp/pop3 and everything works very very
> well.
> Also, if the "administrator" account is no longer needed, how can one
> set and
> environment like the above ?
>
> Again, thank you and cudos to this amazing piece of software you've
> [...]

Hey

øhhh php.ini ??
You need to check your permissions in folder horde/config/
To save Horde configuration via horde administration.
The webserver need write permission in that folder.
Else it can't write the conf.php file

The same for all the other config folders in horde.
Like admin/config
kronolith/config
and so on......

/erling