[horde] horde pear install

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Sun Apr 5 20:31:53 UTC 2015

----- Mensagem de Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk> ---------
    Data: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 13:23:17 +0100
      De: Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk>
Assunto: Re: [horde] horde pear install
    Para: erling at eph.dk
      Cc: Horde List <horde at lists.horde.org>

>> OK, last question; When I logged in, I
>  noticed at the top
>  > left hand side of
>  the screen :
>  >
>  "Horde Groupware 5.2.5"
>  >
>  > I am interested in Horde Webmail. Is it
>  the same thing or should
>  > I uninstall
>  and try and find Horde Webmail.
>  > I
>  remember back in the old days (!), there was Horde
>  Groupware
>  > and Horde Webmail.
>  > What is the difference anyway ??
>  >
>  > Thank you for your
>  time and patience :-)
>  > spyros
>  >
>  > --
>  > Horde mailing list
>  >
>  Frequently Asked Questions: http://horde.org/faq/To unsubscribe,
>  mail:
>
>  > Hey
>  >
>  > If you in a browser go to pear.horde.org
>  > You can se what gets installed at which modules
>  > under dependencies.
>  > If you just say pear
>  > install -a -B horde/webmail You will get groupware
>  > with webmail.
>  >
>  > If you really only want webmail without
>  > calender tasks and notes.
>  > Then you should
>  > only install "imp" and perhaps "ingo"
>  > But i have never tried it though.
>  >
>  > /erling
>

> Hi Erling,
>
> Thank you for your kind reply.
> I just left it as it is. Since from what I can say, everything
> works, I have no
> intention of re-building everything for the fifth time :-)
>
> OK, eventhough Michael tells me there's no "administrator" account any more,
> I consulted my documentation and did the following , please advise
> me if I've done
> something silly  :
>
> 1. Setup horde (yes we know that :-)
> 2. Logged on as "administrator" from the httpd server page
> 3. Clicked on the Gear Icon , then clicked on "Administration" ,
> then on "Configuration"
> 4. Chose "Horde (horde)"
> 5. Clicked on "Mailer" from the list of many button on the top of that page
> 6. Changed $conf[mailer][type] to "SMTP Server (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
> 7. Set $conf[mailer][params][port] to 25 (yeah I know , don't worry
> horde/ smtp / imap / pop3
> servers live on the same box)
> 8. Set $conf[mailer][params][secure] to "none" (see above)
> 9. Clicked on "Generate Horde Configuration".
>
> The system complained that it coulnt'd save it to the default path,
> so I went ahead and
> informed "php.ini" myself from the shell.

Wird (php.ini?)! Verify Horde files permissions, in general they
should belong to web server user (see docs), at least config.php so
you can modify it via web (administration).

> Everything works perfectly well as far as I can tell.
>
> So I guest what I am trying to ask here is since I did the above
> changes to the settings,
> I set up the accounts with imap/smtp/pop3 and everything works very
> very well.
> Also, if the "administrator" account is no longer needed, how can one set and
> environment like the above ?

You must see all configuration tabs of Horde and applications and set
your options accordingly. See "Administration -> Configuration ->
Horde -> Authentication -> $conf[auth][admins]" and provide users that
can administrate Horde (at least your login, so you can use and
administrate Horde).

Maurício

> Again, thank you and cudos to this amazing piece of software you've created.
>
> spyros
>

> Horde works fine.
> I am now, migrating the mailboxes from pop3/smtp to dovecot and Horde.
> One question only;

What do you mean by "migrating the mailboxes from pop3/smtp to dovecot
and Horde"? Horde has no mailboxes, it uses your system (Dovecot and
you Mailer) to read and send mails.

Mauricio