[horde] Transition from Google to horde

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Apr 11 00:01:05 UTC 2015

Quoting Jan Niggemann <jn at hz6.de>:

> Hi all,
>
> I have my google calendar as an external calendar in kronolith. I
> don't want to use my google calendar anymore and delete all data
> from google, but keep all appointments in kronolith.
>
> I'm quite sure that all appointments from my external google
> calendar are already in my horde database (although I can't find
> what table they're in)

No, they are not contained in Horde. They may be cached locally for
the duration of a session, but there is no persistent storage.

  and that each event has a relation to some kind of
> calendar id. If all those "Google-Events" have a relation to my
> google calendar, would I be able to UPDATE those events and change
> the relation, so they belong to my standard horde calendar?
>
> Are there better ways to keep my old "google data" while removing
> all appointments from my google calendar?

You should export your Google calendar as a iCalendar file directly
from Google's interface and then import it into Kronolith via Horde's
import interface.

--
mike
The Horde Project